Another in the “most anticipated” camera list is the Nikon DF.
I‘ve never handled it and won‘t buy it (no money and not a Nikon user yet), so this is just those usual internet couch bitching about my personal preferences.
Design-wise, not much complain except one thing. They should have made the camera wider, especially the left-hand side. The camera looks too small, especially from that pic above.
Back panel got too much buttons. Personally I’d choose:
- Left side
- Remove the Menu button, overload it to the Ok button in the middle of the d-pad.
- Keep the WB button, but move the Protect button elsewhere. I suggest the Delete button.
- Zoom In and Zoom Out button is not needed, just use the dial. In addition, the Quality function is rarely changed, so it could be thrown into the menu without any need for dedicated button.
- Right side
- AF-On button go away. There‘s switch in the front. They could add more step for various AF modes there.
- Metering mode switch is definitely staying.
- Menu button’s middle could be made to access the Menu.
- Live View could be set to a switch to the side of the camera.
Summarized, remove the Menu, Quality, AF-On and Live View button. Four buttons could have been removed to reduce the tightly packed back.
What kind of modification would you suggest ?